More than 150 leaders from manufacturing facilities around the
Among the companies that sent plant leaders and/or teams to the event were Callaway Golf, Ford, Kennametal, Kimberly-Clark, Kodak, Mercury Marine, Parker Hannifin, Raytheon, Sara Lee and Volvo. Boeing led the way by sending 26 plant leaders.
Sponsors of the conference were General Physics, Inventory Management Analysis, Technology Performance Group, Triple R and Unex.
The event featured a full-day pre-conference workshop by Noria Corporation’s Drew Troyer (“Lean Plant Reliability Management”) on October 1 and two days of keynote addresses, case studies, panel discussions, white papers and mini-workshops during the best practices conference on October 2-3.
Keynote addresses were given by:
• Wayne Vaughn, the director of maintenance at Harley-Davidson Motor Company (“Designing Effective Maintenance in a JIT Factory”)
• Paul Casto, a reliability technology leader at Eastman Chemical (“Integrating the Reliability Business Case with Six Sigma and Lean Methodologies”)
Highlight sessions were delivered by:
- Mark LaRue, plant services division manager, Honda Manufacturing of
- Bryan Lund, lean coordinator, Global Lean Office, Energizer (“Training, Problem-solving and Standardized Work”)
- Michael Giuliano, operations manager, and Barb Molnar, lean project manager, Nordson Corporation (“Implementing Build-to-Order”)
- Mike Wroblewski, president and certified Six Sigma black belt, Victory Alliance Technologies (“Using Kaizen to Increase Your Equipment Effectiveness”)
- Steve Eberhardt, Organizational Effectiveness leader, AstenJohnson (“TPM’s Role in a Lean Enterprise”)
- Dr. Jay Lee, director, Center for Intelligent Maintenance Systems,
- Mike Cicholski, a former Alcoa plant leader and current consultant with Life Cycle Engineering (“Fundamentals Give Stability to Lean Reliability”)
- Mike Verdin, principal, and Sue Gillman, co-founder, Aveus (“Lean Simulation Mini-workshop: The Downtime Life Cycle”)
To view a slide show of pictures from the event, click on the link below: