Real average hourly earnings for all employees fell 0.1 percent from October to November, seasonally adjusted, the U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics reported on December 15. This decrease stems from a 0.1 percent increase in the Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U), while average hourly earnings remained unchanged.

Real average weekly earnings fell 0.1 percent over the month, as the average workweek remained unchanged and combined with the decline in real average hourly earnings. Over the past six months, real average weekly earnings has changed little.

Real average hourly earnings rose 0.6 percent, seasonally adjusted, from November 2009 to November 2010. A 1.2 percent increase in average weekly hours, combined with the increase in real average hourly earnings, resulted in a 1.7 percent increase in real average weekly earnings during this period.

Production and non-supervisory employees
Real average hourly earnings for production and non-supervisory employees fell 0.1 percent from October to November, seasonally adjusted. This result stemmed from both the Consumer Price Index for Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers (CPI-W) and average hourly earnings being about unchanged.

Real average weekly earnings fell 0.3 percent over the month, as a result of a 0.3 percent decrease in the average work week combined with the decrease in real average hourly earnings. Over the past six months, real average weekly earnings has changed little.

Real average hourly earnings rose 0.8 percent, seasonally adjusted, from November 2009 to November 2010. The increase in real average hourly earnings combined with a 0.9 percent increase in the average work week, resulted in a 1.7 percent increase in real average weekly earnings during this period.